What is very narrow aisle racking?
VNA racking is an abbreviation of very narrow aisle racking and it is a type of racking that is a lot smaller than the rest available on the market. It is designed for smaller warehouses to be able to make the most out of the space they have available and makes it possible to increase the capacity without the need to relocate to a bigger warehouse.
- Increases capacity in all warehouses but most importantly, smaller warehouses.
- Can store a wide range of goods – ranging in both weight and volume.
- Optimises the floor space available.
- Due to it being the smallest racking system, specialist trucks also known as narrow aisle trucks are required to pick up and drop off pallets.
What is wide aisle racking?
Wide aisle racking is a pallet racking system that is used to store a range of palletised goods. Unlike VNA racking, the aisles between the racks are wide in this type of racking and have enough space for workers to walk down each aisle as well as drive a forklift truck down them.
- The system is durable, cost-effective and can be used to store many different items.
- Offers improved safety for employees and anyone handling the racking.
- Take up more space in the warehouse due to the space required for the ‘wide aisles’ and due to this, are best suited to larger warehouses.
- Free space may be needed to allow the forklift to move around the aisles freely.